Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I never cease to be amazed

Well I am in transit to work today, and listening to talk radio (which I love) when a new update comes across the waves. "CEO of the Auto Industry head to Washington DC today with their hat in hand to ask for government bailout money" the newscaster reports. So, in a moment of weakness I begin to think how difficult it must be for these men who have to literally go before the government and beg for money.

Then I get home--only to find out that these guys arrived in DC to "beg" for their handout via a private jet. I'll say that again because I want it to hit home. They arrived in DC via their PRIVATE JET. At this point i want to scream profanities at the top of my lungs. How stupid can one group be? I guess my question is simply....How many people are in need of money that travel on a private jet.

Hey jackasses.....SALE THE JET!!!!!

After then doing a little research I found out some very interesting facts. GM doesn't own one jet; They own eight. Now with a typing in "price of a private jet" into my handy dandy google search engine I found out that a private jet will run you between 6 and 50 million. So lets work off the median here. That's 28 million per jet and 224 million total. 1/4 of a billion in private jets and their hats are in their hand. I NEVER ceased to be amazed!!!!

4 comments:

The jones Family said...

Ok...here's the true test of my influence over the blogosphere:

http://collinsfour.blogspot.com/2008/11/unrelated.html

Let me know if your stats go way up today :)And I love that you called those jokers jackasses!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

OMG that is so true, i will add you to my blog roll

debi9kids said...

Came over from Erin (wanted to give her the credit for getting me here)

I was watching Fox last night and I think it was OReilly who suggested that if they wanted assistance, they should've DRIVEN to Washington in the very cars their companies create and told how many miles per gallon they got.

Makes me sick to think they may get out tax dollars to bail them out when they are flying around in private jets!

debi9kids said...

ps I am giving you an award tomorrow onmy blog. Hopefully it will generate some traffic too :)