Thursday, November 13, 2008

The word change should start with U!!

I enjoy to read things that were written long ago. I often find myself reading old quotes off the Internet from our Country's founding fathers. I was listening to a short speech of former President Ronald Regan today when he quoted James Madison.(I would encourage you to check this speech out by clicking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs or it is posted on my facebook.)


"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

-James Madison


Now Regan was using this quote in his stance against socialized medicine, but upon hearing this quote it made me our need for concern.



Have you ever wondered how our great grandfathers would have reacted to many of the laws that we hold today in the name of "the greater good." When I think about the unbelievable groups such as the ACLU filing suit over a nativity scene on public grounds i am never ceased to be amazed at how many freedoms we have relinquished.


Here in lies the battle- At what point is enough---enough? My concern is that people continue to refuse to educate themselves on issues and expect a government that has bankrupted social security, and the mortgage industry to save the day. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE ANSWER.



So what can be done? Educate Yourselves--Your Children. Understand why we believe the principles we believe. STOP TAKING SOMEONES WORD FOR IT! By someone I mean Preachers, Bosses, Newscasters, Politicians. Otherwise sit back in ignorance and watch "the abridgments of freedoms of people, by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power."

No comments: